Welcome to St Josephs Rozelle, an inner-city Catholic Parish in the Archdiocese of Sydney, Australia. The Catholic relationship with Rozelle began in 1875 when two Good Samaritan sisters started teaching in the area. They built a school the following year and then, in 1881, the first church and convent were erected. The current church was built in 1912 after the original was destroyed in a fire in 1911. The school expanded through the 1890s and into the 1930s eventually accepting infants, primary and high school students across several multi storey buildings. As the needs of the area changed the school was eventually amalgamated into Fr John Therry school in Balmain and St Josephs school closed in 1994. St Josephs Parish continues to have very strong ties to the Rozelle community because of its long history and the active involvement of parishioners in the district.